Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fredericksburg& Wildseed Farms




Fredericksburg, which is Germany heritage, is a well-known town in Texas. I heard that it is different from other Texan city, and I wanted to experience what differences they are. I chose a weekend which has trade market near Fredericksburg. I thought I made a correct decision because I went to Enchanted Rock Natural Area(last post), Fredericksburg, trade market, and Wildseed Farms at the same day. :) At noon, we went to Fredericksburg to eat lunch. I looked for a Germany restaurant which I could taste Germany meal, and I went to a Germany restaurant as blogger said. Unfortunately, I didn't choose the plate I wanted because I didn't understand the menu for Germany meal. It was not as same as I expected. After lunch, we went to trade market, which is once each month. I really like this kind of market, it is not only enjoying shopping but also experience local customs. There were plenty of vendors offering unique items. I saw many vendors offering strange items, such as used irons or number plates.(Picture one) Some vendors sold their hand made items such as wood chairs or jewelries. It was very interesting for me, and it seemed like going through local customs. After we left trade market, we went to Wildseed Farms, which is one of the national's largest working wildflower farms. There were plenty of different kinds of flowers. My favorite one is poppy as picture 4. The bee was working in the Texan flower, bluebonnet as picture 3. Fredericksburg is a good place to recognize Texan customs and natural views; moreover, Spring is a wonderful season to go there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment