Thursday, April 30, 2009

Enchanted Rock State Natural Area





Before I went there, I heard that there was a bold mountain near Fredericksburg. It's like big rock mountain. At that day, we planed to go to Fredericksburg, and our first stop was Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. While we were on the way to there, we saw many motorcycles riding on the way. It was amazing for me because their motorcycles were so cool. It took around 2 hour to Enchanted Rock, and the weather was really good at that day; it was a little bit cool but also warm while I stood under the sunshine. When we arrived there, there were some people already hiking or climbing toward the top of the mountain. Of course, our purpose was hiking or climbing toward the top of the mountain, and we knew it took around 30 min to the top. When we saw this mountain, we thought that that was wrong, and it might take more time. We hiked along the trail and then walked higher and higher gradually. While we was climbing, we could see the sightseeing near there. Actually, a part of way was so steep, so I was afraid of falling down. After I passed that part of way, it became flat, and I could see farther than when I was lower place. While I approched the top, wind was very strong! When I stood the top, my ears felt painful after five mins. The top of mountain was really flat, and there were a few plants growing there. I was a little bit surprised that how plants could grow up based on the rock. I didn't see any dust. I walked around the top and saw different view in different directions. I calculated how much time I spent on climbing from the bottom to the top, it took 30 mins! It looked like taking longer time. It was easy to climb the mountain, and it looked like big stone. It was totally different from Taiwan. The mountains in Taiwan are many covered by many trees, so my impression was that mountains should be green. Actually, I wore the slippers to climb this mountain, so while I went down the mountain, I met a guy. He said, "How can you climb the mountain?" For men, it was not suitable equipment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment