Monday, April 13, 2009

Lake Bird Johnson Wildflower Center





This is flower season in Texas now, and we can see some flowers on the side of highway or some parks. I really want to see some flowers in Texas, so we went to Lake Bird Johnson Wildflower Center on weekend(May 12th 2009). It's located in South of Austin and not so far from my apartment. It was a sunny day, and the sunshine was really strong strong. Oh my God! When we arrived there, parking lot was almost full, and I thought it was popular? There were many people like family or a couple visiting there even though it costs $7 per adult. After paid for ticket, we entered the park. The park was not as big as my imagination. We saw many kinds of flowers, and some of them were too similar so that I could not distinguish what difference between those flowers are. Amount of each kind of flowers is just few, and not too much. I saw Texas flower- Bluebonnet, and some cute flowers like Black-Eyed Susan. I also found out a special grass which make me laugh- Mexican feather grass. I had never seen that before. Additionally, there were small butterflies area to see butterflies, but I couldn't find any butterflies in the park; I guessed it was too hot and butterflies stayed somewhere to escape hot weather like human. Moreover, there is a market on the side of the park selling many kinds of flowers and seeds. I saw an very interesting car in the market which can load big plants when people shop. I have seen that before, I didn't know what function it is, so I feel interested. Also, there are a shop store, a gallery, and a cafe shop, so you can spend a little time on sitting inside the park with coffee. In fact, I thought it was not worh to pay $7 for each perosn to go to the park. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment