Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blue Bell Creameries-Brenham





This was our last stop on my Spring Break trip, and it also was assigned to go by my boyfriend. He really really wanted to go to Blue Bell Creameries because his favorite ice cream is Blue Bell! The Blue Bell Creameries is located in Brenham, which is a samll town in Highway 290. When we drove back Austin from Houston by Highway 290, we went to Blue Bell Creameries in the one-third of way from Houston. When we arrived in there, there are many cars in parking lots and many people and kids waiting in line. While we entered outside the Creameris, we met a really friendly elder empolyee to tell us tour which is visting factory inside to see how to make ice cream was full today. We were so upset, but he gave us one ticket for one scoop free ice cream. Ok...we had to eat this free scoop ice cream to make us happy, so we went to ice cream shop to get one free scoop ice cream. While I apporched there, I was so surprised at many kinds flavors ice cream more than HEB sold. While I ate ice cream, I went around the creameies outside. There are some beautiful flowers, some special demo cars, and some sculptures. Of course, there is a shop store selling products of Blue Bell ice cream, and I bought one chocolate and one strawberry pencils that we can smell specific flavor in the pencil. After we were shopping and saw many people waiting in line for tour, we decided to leave. When I was walking toward parking lots, we met a friendly elder empolyee again! He made a gesture to me, and I thought he may give me some special thing? He told me they had extra one tour today, so we could wait in line right now. Oh....he gave me two gifts today, and I was really so happy to meet this friendly guy. I didn't take a picture with him, and it's so pity. After saying thanks to him, we were waiting in line for around 30 mins, and we bought admission to attend the tour. It cost $3 dollars per adult. Finally, we entered the Creameries to get started the tour. The tour showed us how to make ice cream and some machines. There is a big refrigegator showing all kinds of ice cream. At the end of tour, we got a free scoop ice cream again! I ate two scoop ice cream in Blue Bell Creameries, Brenham at that day. I thought it's really fun to visti Blue Bell ice cream factory!

2 comments:

  1. wow!! I like icecream especially blue bell. My sister recommanded me to eat this icecream. And then, that became my favorite. If you go there, can we eat a lot of free icecream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia! You are so cute in the last picture with a statue of a girl and a cow (?). I really hope to visit there. There are so many places to visit around Austin but I don't travel at all these days. That makes my life so stressful!!

    ReplyDelete