Thursday, February 19, 2009

The spot in Key West

(It's southernmost point in Key West. Originally, it should have some words in the stone. I don't know why the word was gone. On the middle of black part, it should be written "90 miles to Cuba, Southernmost"; on the yellow part, it should be written "point"; on the red part, it should be written "continental U.S.A"; on the bottom black part, it should be written "Key West,FL")


(It's the beginning of loop 1 which is across the east of U.S.A)


(We saw three cruises by accident in Key West)


(It's in front of the Ernest Hemingway home.)

I would like introduce the famous spot in Key West. First of all, it is southernmost point. Actually, it is just a stone that put on the ground, but people who visit Key West must go there. At that point, it is just 90 miles to Cuba; it's really closed. Originally, it should have some words on the stone, but I don't know why the words was gone when we visited there. This spot is not beautiful for me. Additionally, another spot is the beginning of loop 1. Loop 1 is across the east of U.S.A, from Key West to New York. Thus, it's also the end of loop 1 in Key West. The third spot is a part of wharf in Key West. We could see sunset in the afternoon in this area. When we walked along the wharf, we saw the three huge cruises by accident. When I saw these cruises, I felt excited because of its hugeness. We saw many people who were from cruise bought a lot of food to bring back to the cruise. I thought that people must be happy because they were on the land not on the cruise. It's just kidding; in my case, I don't want to take a boat or cruise trip anymore because of seasickness. The last spot is the Ernest Hemingway home. Do you know Hemingway? He had lived in Key West with his second wife, and the Ernest Hemingway home is his former house. We didn't enter it because we had to pay $6 for each person. I searched from internet, there are two cats in Hemingway house which were born from old generation that Hemingway fed; the cats have 6 fingers. Do you believe that? :) This is my first stop on my Florida trip!


4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That should be so exciting!!!
    When my mom come in December to the U.S. she really wanted to go Miami of course, because it's a really popular destination in Argentina, but we couldn't go :(

    I hope that you had fun there, enjoyed the awesome weather, the beaches, the food, MMMMMM!!! and the cruisers. I would like to go to Florida, or Mexico one day and enjoy the white sand, green water and all the beautiful things that Caribe offers!!!


    Thats all for now!!!
    Please visit my blog, See you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patricia - Wow! You have really been a lot of places! I have heard that Key West is beautiful. It seems that you like tropical beach places. :) That is a great place to relax and enjoy the ocean. Me too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Patricia, I also like Hemingway and read "The old man and the sea. maybe I have extra time in my life, I want to visit his home. nowadays you look so tired. I might understand your mind, but just enjoy the time staying in Austin. anyway, take care and be happy~^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. is that a couple t-shirt?
    color is same;;

    ReplyDelete