Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stars in Palau

I still want to share about Palau for my second posting. I took this photograph at one of thousands of islands in Palau where nobody lived there. It was almost at sunset at that day, and we stayed at this small island for seeing stars! There was no lights on this island, so we had to make a fire to lighten this island after sunset. After making a fire, we started to enjoy our dinner with ocean and natural view, but food was not delicious. We watched a local show by native people after dinner,and claped our hands and singed a song with music. Because of this show, everyone was so happy and looking for stars appeared. One hour later, we saw some of stars appear in the sky. After that,more and more stars appeared! I'm so excited, and there were stars at most that I have ever seen. It was really awesome and amazing! There were no lights and no building to disturb stars appeared in Palau, but it was difficult to see stars in Taiwan because of light damage and high building. That's why I have never forgotten stars of Palau at that night!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia! :D
    This is my fisrt comment on your blog! :D ;)
    I am looking the picture and I think that places look like outside of this world like unreal and I think if I am will be there, I would think the same. Why the food was bad?....

    I love see the stars at night like you! I think in Austin the sky is clear because in my city I can not see the same stars like here.

    Well I love your picture and if you have more adventures about this place I think it would be great read more of them! :D

    Have fun! :D
    See you in class
    Denisse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patricia--

    Your pictures are so beautiful. I want to travel there!!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete